Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Theta Convention!

Our Chapter Flag!
All of our Convention Girls
Tucson Arizona!

This weekend I went to Tucson with my sorority for our national convention. It was so fun and I was so glad to see everyone before I leave for my semester abroad!

When I arrived I made friends with the Yale president because she was here by herself and so much fun! We talked about the huge differences between our chapters and then I introduced her to the other OU girls and we asked her about secret societies (P.S. some of them pay for your grad school!) The convention was a lot of talking and sisterhood but it was also so fun to be with my friends all weekend!

We had dinner with some girls from Purdue who had a horrible time getting to the resort because of bad weather. They had to fly into Phoenix instead (where the Kappa convention was happening) and then take a 2 hour shuttle to Tucson with no bags! I let them wear my dresses the next day and shoes because all they had were t-shirts and were very nice.

I learned a lot and it really made me appreciate the history of Theta and how diverse every chapter is. We were one of the largest groups there and ended up winning 6 awards which was so great since they don't give out many! Even OU's Panhellenic won an award and Norman Alumnae chapter too.

It was a fun break from working and I was so privileged to be able to attend.

1 comment: