Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ooh Champs Elysee!






Picture 1: Champs Elysee
Picture 2: Sparkly Eiffel Tower
Picture 3: Millions of Stairs!

So today I was apparently really tired because we slept until 12! lol After we finally got up we realized it was cold and rainy so our plans changed. We went outside and got a crepe for breakfast/lunch then walked to the Louvre, which was closed! So then we walked to Musee D'Orsay and saw probably every painting in the place lol. It was so great because I recognized lots of the paintings and knew things about them. J'aime beaucoup l'immpressionisme! I got so tired walking around there so we got a cold chocolate and bought a few souvenirs. Then we got back to the hotel throught the metro and planned our next events. Later we went to a MacDo, which I know sounds lame, but it wasn't because it's so different from America! So we ate there and practiced our French then took the metro to the L'Arc de Triomphe. When we got there we figured out how to go underground and get to the top, then we climbed around 800 stairs or whatever to the top and back. It was beautiful at the top and really freaky looking at the traffic! I'm so glad I'm not driving here. Picture Dallas times like 10. By this time it was sort of late so we headed down the Champs Elysee then over to the Eiffel Tower when it lit up. We bought some ice cream and walked to the area for taking pictures then decided to sit at a brasserie overlooking the Eiffel Tower and watched it sparkle! During this time, I had an alcoholic beverage! And I drank the whole thing despite my want to stop. But the motivation of an 8 euro beverage is pretty great lol. So everyone be very proud of me! Now I'm back at the hotel and we're making our plans for tomorrow!






4 comments:

  1. what kind of alcoholic beverage...that will determine if i am proud of you or not?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what kind?! you look beautiful in that picture holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. msauls said that Grandad thinks one alcholic beverage is enough for one trip. So very proud of how you are getting around Paris so easily. The pics were great and I remember doing those steps - think it was a church. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great photographer because you catch just the right angle. You look so happy in the pic and I can just visualize you having a drink watching the Eiffle Tower light up. I wish I was with you. I am so glad you and Jordan have had a few days in Paris. Travel on little girl.

    ReplyDelete