Monday, July 6, 2009

Rome











Picture 1: In front of the Trevi Fountain
Picture 2: Inside St. Peters, so beautiful!
Picture 3: Vatican!
Picture 4: Roman Forum!
Picture 5: Coliseum!
So Rome was an amazing experience!! Sorry my posts are short now but I have to fit everything in before I come home... TOMORROW!! YAY I miss you all so so so much!!!!!!
Anyways, we only had one day to really experience Rome since Jordan left the next day so we did as much as we could in 1 day! haha
Our hotel was really close to the Coliseum, so we started there and it was really cool! Pretty much how I expected it to be, massive and pretty destroyed, but you still get the idea. After we went to the Roman Forum, which would not have been that cool if Meagan wasn't practically an expert on them and described all of the ruins and what they meant and all sorts of cool facts. She was definitely helpful!
After that we walked to a lot more famous sights like the Pantheon and then to the fountain where Tom Hanks saves the future Pope in Angels and Demons haha! It was pretty late by this point, so we had dinner and then headed back to sleep before it got dark.
The next day Jordan had to leave so Meagan and I got her on the train and then we did some more sight seeing. We went to the Vatican and it was so cool being there. The only problem was a huge rain storm was coming! So we pretty much ran back to the metro and didn't get wet, till we got to our stop and it was absolutely pouring rain and wouldn't stop! So we just used our little umbrella and ran to our hotel. We were totally drenched when we got there but it was pretty funny.
When the rain finally stopped we headed out to the Trevi Fountain. It was really beautiful and huge, but so crowded! We walked around and found a cheese store where I bought some good parmesan and we asked the workers where they ate that wasn't touristy. They gave us a map and again I was skeptical, till we got there and it was the most delicious pasta ever lol!
The next day I headed to Paris, where I am now and have been with my friends, but not really sight seeing just enjoying myself so I don't have any pictures.
But I will be home so soon and cannot wait!!!! Love you all so much!




2 comments:

  1. Holly - loved your pics and that you are seeing so many places we have heard about for years. What an experience and summer. We are very excited you will be home tomorrow and anxious to see you. Travel safe and much love, Grammie and Granddaddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who else did and saw as much as you this summer? Amazing sweetie. I am so glad you are coming home tomorrow and can't wait to see you. Your pictures really help me see your travels. Thanks for taking key photos and posting a blog. Everyone has loved reading about your trip and seeing what you have seen. Travel safely home. Love you tons, Mom

    ReplyDelete